Thursday, May 13, 2010

Readiness


This one was so nice, I just had to share it here. No comment...it's self-explanatory. At the end of it, tell me, are you ready for the voyage of discovery of the self?Read to give up your ego?
Readiness

A farmer had a cluster of beautiful bamboo trees. One day he stood before the tallest one and said, "My friend, I need you." "Sir," said the bamboo, "Use me in any way you wish, I am ready." Then the gardener's voice became little sad and he said, "In order to use you, I've got to split you in half." Then the bamboo reacted, "Split me" Oh, no... I'm the nicest bamboo in this garden. Use me in any way you wish, but please don't split me in half." "Well," said the gardener, "if I can't split you, I can't use you." The bamboo went silent for a moment. Then it bowed its head and said, "Okay. If the only way you can use me, is by splitting me, go ahead." "But that's not all," said the gardener. "I am going to have to cut off all your branches." "That will be the end of my beauty," the bamboo said. "But - if that's the only way I can be of use - cut me down altogether." So the farmer cut down the bamboo, removed its branches and split it down the middle. After hollowing out its insides, he brought it to a spring of water. It became a pipe to bring water to the gardens and make them fertile and fruitful.
  
Readiness is just like a flower. When the flower has flowered, has sent its fragrance to around, watched the sunrise, danced through the breeze, risen against the wind, looked at the sky, enjoyed the moment, lived it – a fulfillment comes by the evening and the flower is ready to droop and drop to the earth – to go back, to rest. And this readiness is not forced the flower. It is just a natural thing. The readiness that each of us is born with. Yes. The readiness to evolve into the totality of your being and accept life as it is rather than resisting it which brings stress and tension.

Are you ready to receive? If you are not ready to receive the energy does not reciprocate. It will be one sided and which bears no fruits. Are you ready to be used? Are you ready to commit yourself to be involved? How ready are you to accept life as it is and transform yourself that you could be of use to the world like the bamboo tree. How ready are you to take necessary actions to transform yourself? How ready are you to listen to melody of your heart?

“When the disciple is ready, the master appears.” – Proverb

Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. – Barack Obama
 {From the latest book The Melody of the Heart by JojiValli}

No comments: