Thursday, September 24, 2009

Do


"Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’."- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back


There you go- very small, but, very thought-provoking.


I often think-when I tell someone'I'll try'- am I really going to try my best? Or, am I convinced it can't be done and I'll do it half-heartedly with a preconceived notion that it can't be done? I mean, if you know you can do something, why would you tell anyone that you'll 'try'? It's only when you have doubts that you cannot do it, that you use the 'try' word.


I learnt this in my previous company- the big boss was always crystal clear- and, after 1-2 talks with him, I'd changed my tune to either saying 'Yes, it can be done' or, 'No, it cannot be done'- and, that was more appreciated than the 'let me look into it', 'let me recheck/crosscheck', 'let me try/ try once again'...


Try it(Haha,but, not with any doubt)- I'm sure you'll be more successful by saying to yourself 'I'll do it', when the next challenge comes your way. Good luck!!!:)

No comments: